The Economy Module
The Economy module will examine both the current popular economic model known as the Linear and an alternative future model known as the Circular, a shift that some would define as a movement away from Degeneration towards Regeneration.
This lesson will examine how-
• the present global economic and social system relies on Consumerism
• the attractions of a consumer culture that is based on the linear economic model
• what is involved in the manufacture of one popular consumer product
• a look at non-consumer elements, past and present
• what a Circular Economy means and its associations with sustainability, environmental protection, waste as a resource and social justice
Students will learn to recognise that a shift to a new economic model will not be easy, for it will mean a fundamental cultural change in our attitude to other forms of life on the planet.